Top 10 Silver Shops In Cairo

If I was given a choice between diamonds and silver, I would choose a silver. That’s how much I love it. It has a calming impact on me, and it is something I enjoy shopping for. I spend hours and hours pinning silver jewelry (Check out my Pinterest Boards in the link above). Rings and studs are my absolute favorites but charms have their special place in my heart. Today I’ve decided to give you the low down of the best silver shops in town, and I am already excited just for the idea more than anyone should ever be about a writing a blog post.
Some of these are names you obviously will be familiar of, but some others have flown under the radar for years. Start counting down:
10. Iam accessories:
A photo posted by I AM (@iam_accessories) on

Iam opened in mall of arabia, and passing by you would think its just another accessories shop. But it actually stocks some of the best sterling silver of 925 grade in the city –all of which are imported of course- but that does not mean they don’t have the cutest designs. Their silver section is always on trend. I especially love their studs and piercing jewelry, some of which come in sets of two and 3. They also have gold plated items. Definitely worth checking out.
9. Markiz Silver:


This is one of the very first silver stores in Egypt to bring the jacket earring trend into the country. I’ve gotten a bit addicted to them for a while last year and still enjoy them a lot now. The best thing about Markiz is that they have all the variety you need without having to drive all the way to bigger stores. All the people working there are very experienced and they have all the tools to fix and clean on the go. They also offer custom made pieces at a very convenient price.

8. City Stars Khan El Khalili:
The best thing about shopping in City Stars instead of going to Khan el Khalili is the fact that you get to spend the time in the AC with a convenience of a food court just around the corner. It also offers a wide variety of items not necessarily silver, although the silver variety is big. Not as massive as the original Khan but still good enough to satisfy all tastes. When it comes to my favorite shops, Plata Silver is on top my list because this is one of the few places where I managed to find a big selection of opal necklaces and bracelets; I’ve been looking for them for a while now. Some of the shops that are originally in the Khan also have branches in the mall.
7. Khan El Khalili:
Ok so this one doesn’t count as a shop, but a post about the best silver in town has to include Khan El Khalili. The khan that runs all the way from Al-Moez Street up to Al-Hussein Mosque Square showcases massive amounts of silverware and jewelry. The shops there are all backed by bigger workshops and silver traders, so they guarantee that anything you need you’ll find there. If you’re looking for silverware for your dining table or decoration items, the khan is the perfect place to get a bargain, and like any place in Egypt it is very acceptable to negotiate the price before buying.
6. Mido Silver:
Mido silver is one of those silver workshops that have been around forever but always has something new to offer. The store in 6th October has been around for 20 years and today they have another branch in mall of arabia. What is so good about Mido is the consistency of good pricing, its by no means cheap jewelry, but it definitely is competitive. They also offer ring fitting and jewelry maintenance services.
5. More & More Silver:

More & More may seem like just another silver shop when you take a look at their display, but this is not what I’ve included them here for. They make things happen. Every time I see a something I like that I know is not available on the market I give them a visit, send them a picture and go pick it up after a week or two. That simple. Their stock silver is actually good too, although mostly imported they have an eye for trends. Oh.. and they also have some rose gold plated bits, if you’re into that sort of thing.
4. Très JOLIE:
Every single time I go to Arkan I have to pay a visit to Très JOLIE, I’m a big fan of their knuckle rings selection. But I also like the fact that most of the jewelry they have on display is from local design. From petals to flowers to Islamic designs and stone studded elegant pieces, they have a unique collection. They are also conveniently located in front of TBS which makes for a flavor filled silver shopping experience.
3. Atef Wassef Silver:
A photo posted by AtefWassefSilver (@atefwassefsilver) on
You knew this was coming, didn’t you? Of course you did. Atef Wassef is one of the oldest and best known silver shops in Egypt. I’m in love with everything they offer, even their dining and home items are unique. The rings though, oh the rings.. I recently discovered their Gezira Club branch and I was overwhelmed by the new collection. They have this captivating boho style that just draws you in, each piece is its own story.
2.Pandora:
Even though Pandora cannot be considered a normal Silver shop. I had to include it here. My everlasting love of charm bracelets is linked directly to my childhood and reading fairy tales. I don’t know why.. but Pandora always triggers that feeling for me. When I was first introduced to the brand all I knew was that they sell charm bracelets, but I didn’t actually know that they sell all kinds of other items like rings and bracelets and necklaces as well. My favorite will always be the charms though.
1.Azza Fahmy:
A photo posted by Azza Fahmy Jewellery (@azzafahmy) on


There isn’t a list on Silver or Jewlery or design that should not include Azza Fahmy. The internationally well known brand with Egyptian roots quiet literally teaches the art of jewelry design. The thing about Azza Fahmy designs is that it all tells real stories that you can relate to. They are elegant, beautiful and full of heritage. Their famous work have been copied all the time, but nothing comes close to their attention to detail and use of high quality material. Having branches all over the world is a bonus.

Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required