Best Lip Shades to Rock this Fall/Winter Season


All during the last quarter of 2016 it was very hard for me to write this post. Even though I’d already started shopping for tasseled shoes and cute booties and lots of plaid, I still found it very hard to get into the fall/winter vibes with those last few sunny days that were too hot to call fall, don’t get me wrong I do appreciate the warmth and was trying to soak it up before we started hibernating. But; when it started to get a bit chilly I started to get excited, there is no doubt that Fall/Winter fashion is my favorite hands down. You can’t beat layers and coziness..

The thing that excites me the most though; is Winter lipstick shades.. fine, all lipstick to be hones!!  Dark vampy lips and brown shades don’t necessarily go well with my complexion but I still wear those darker shades like I don’t care.. cause I don’t. So I made it my mission over the past week to discover the best lipstick and lip color options for this season, and I found a variety of lip products that cater for all tastes, some of which are cult classics, others that may have not been around for a long time but still prove that they will be classics. So here’s a run-down of the best Fall/Winter Lipsticks for this season: (note: some are not available in Egyptian markets but can be bought through individual retailers online)


1.       Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 107:
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 107

I decided to start with this because as I said it’s a cult classic with it comes to Fall shades, or darker shades in general. To start-off the formula of these lipsticks are amazing, they go on so well, provide very good pigmentation, very consistent texture and also extremely comfortable to wear. This color in specific ticks all the boxes, its dark enough to give that sexy vampy vibe, but not too dark that you look like you’ve been ACTUALLY sucking someone’s blood. Perfect is the word I’m looking for I guess..
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 107


2.       Flormar Long Wearing Lipstick in L39 Bordeaux:
Flormar Long Wearing Lipstick in L39 Bordeaux

This shade flew out of stock in the Flormar store last fall, and for good reasons, although the formula is a little bit heavy it means that the pigmentation is on point. It’s a dark deep red, and It does look scary in the tube, but its not a Halloween exclusive color I promise. If you’re more of a plummy shade kind of gal then the Revolution Perfect Lipstick also from Flormar in P13 Aubergine Opencall might be a better choice, it is still quite dark, but unlike Bordeaux it doesn’t boarder-line brown so much. It’s a good idea to wear a lip liner with these though.
Flormar Long Wearing Lipstick in L39 BordeauxFlormar Revolution Perfect Lipstick in P13 Aubergine Opencall


3.       Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ in 45 Possessed Plum:
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ in 45 Possessed Plum

I didn’t know that Maybelline finally released this in Egypt, when I saw it on display at Samir William, I grabbed it, they had released in the US earlier in the year and I have been waiting to buy some of them after seeing the reviews. If you swatch this it will go on glossy and creamy at the beginning and it is supposed to dry down to a matt eventually, mine never did go really matt but I didn’t mind that at all. As the name suggests it’s a very dark plum shade. Maybelline also have had the Colorsensational Bold Matte collection in stores for a while now, They stock 7 shades, and I love all of them, although this time of year I gravitate towards MAT6 especially if I’m going out in the morning, or if I am going a bit heavier with my eye make up, its not as deep and dark as the others on this list, but its brown enough of a red to cut the list of fall worthy lipsticks.
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ in 45 Possessed PlumMaybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ in 45 Possessed PlumMaybelline Bold Mat 7

                   
4.       H&M Lip Color to go and lip definer:
Lip Color To-Go pencil in Rendezvous

Is it me or is H&M make up really hyped down? Regardless of the fact that they are a clothing brand, H&M have a wonderful beauty section, it has everything from skin care to perfumes to make up, I really like the variety of colors on display, there is something for everyone. Their lip section includes more than 5 options of lip colors, two types of lipstick, one liquid lipstick a couple of glosses, a balm pencil and a lip liner. When I was browsing the massive rows of colors I came across 3 lip products that could make this list. The first one is the Lip Color to go pencil in the shade Rendezvous its like a balm consistency light color that is perfect for (as the name says) on the go application or work. Then there is the lip definer, which is like a lip liner in the color Cherry Tart, besides the delicious name, this is a pure dark plum color, and finally the glossamier lip stain, I’m not a big fan of lip stains I find them to be a bit uncomfortable but this one I’m ok with, at least I don’t have to bother with re-applying if I’m out and about.
Lip Color To-Go pencil in RendezvousGlossamier Lip StainLip Definer in Cherry TartGlossamier Lip Stain




5.       Wet N’ Wild Coloricon lip liners in Brandy Wine and Plumberry:
Wet N’ Wild Coloricon lip liners in Brandy Wine and Plumberry

I think I should’ve titled this post: buy a plum lipstick for fall. Do you see a trend? Well you can never have too many plum lip colors.. these however are so versatile I don’t love them just for the shades. For a while I’ve been adding Brandy wine underneath Maybelline Bold Mat 7 and I got this matt brown look that everyone seemed to be obsessing over (me included) on Instagram. I don’t only wear them as lip liners, they are pigmented enough to wear them on their own, they’re also very affordable, bonus.


6.       Jordana Matte Lipstick in Caramel Latte:
Jordana Matte Lipstick in Caramel Latte


I wouldn’t call this a latte, or else its low on milk. This is one of the few matt browns I have in my collection, maybe the only one.. and even though brown doesn’t really go with my skin tone, I’ve dared to use this one because it’s a cooler toned brown that doesn’t look so eccentric, I will however sometimes top it up with a nude gloss in the spring to brighten it up a little, but when its cooler I usually go for it on its own or with lip liner.
Jordana Matte Lipstick in Caramel Latte




7.       Catrice Ultimate Colour in 340 Berry Bradshaw:
Catrice Ultimate Colour in 340 Berry Bradshaw

I wear this year round, its one of my favorite lipsticks. In the tube it looks darker than it actually is, but the creamy sheen it leaves makes me think of the color as nothing but unique. The ultimate Colour selection has been in the Catrice range forever, but recently they brought out the Ultimate Stay lip colors, I picked up 080 PassionRed, which I promise you isn’t so red. Its not necessarily the ultimate fall dark vampy lip, but it is that muted cool toned red-ish berry that is not really a color on its own, the thing I love about this is the formula and the fact that it goes with everything in all occasions. It’s a really good all-round lipstick.
Catrice Ultimate Colour in 340 Berry BradshawCatrice Ultimate Colour in 340 Berry Bradshaw


8.       KIKO Milano Unlimited Lip Gloss in 21:
KIKO Milano Unlimited Lip Gloss in 21

I’m not normally a fan of lip glosses, they tend to make me feel a little uncomfortable, I wore this on its own for the picture but it -of course- looks so sheer. Even though it is a lot darker in tube but that’s the idea behind glosses isn’t it? I find this to work well on top of lipsticks when I want to give them an extra boost of shine. Even though it can be a little challenging to get KIKO in Egypt, I think its worth the pain of buying online or through a Facebook shop or something.
KIKO Milano Unlimited Lip Gloss in 21


Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts