How To Make A Lined Envelope For A Card (free printable template included)

How to Make a Lined Envelope


Making a card is definitely an enjoyable task, I would say out of all the crafting I do, and everything I make, be it for our page or for myself, whenever there is an occasion for me to make a card to someone I will grab it. 
That being said, I always feel that a card without an envelope is missing something, it doesn’t have to be matchy matchy but a decent envelope gives any card an extra special touch. You can always opt for blank white, or stock envelopes that you get from the stationary, some even offer solid colors. But I always think that a colorful or patterned paper can give extra texture and personality to your card. 
How to Make a Lined Envelope

Even if you’re giving someone money or paying something, using a plain old envelope will start to sound boring once you get used to making these.
How to Make a Lined Envelope

How to Make a Lined Envelope

I always like to line my envelopes but some people think its going too far or can’t be bothered with the extra step. I actually line all my envelopes. These envelopes are extremely easy to make, all you need is a printer, any printer will do, you will use this to print out this free template. The free template is designed for A7 size, you can always scale it bigger or smaller, and its designed to be printed on normal A4 paper size. If you are going to line the envelope you can use this free template, or you can just use the envelope itself.
After you printed your templates, all you need to do is stick both the template and the paper you’ll use for the envelope together and cut around the solid line. I always like to preserve the template to use again, so you’ll see in the video above that I use transparent paper to transfer the template onto the back of the pattern paper in and then use scissors to cut it. I do the same with the lining.

Note: I usually print the paper I use from printable patters that I get online, I always add them to my scrapbooking board on pinterest. There are a lot of experienced craft and design bloggers out there who offer the gift of free printables online for personal use. You can design your own if that’s something you’re confident with, or you can buy them from big stationaries. The one I used in the video are patterns are downloaded from freepik.com and edited them to fit and A4 paper. I then printed them at a Xerox business center, if you have a colored printer at home you can use that one.


Now trace around your template, and cut down your patterned paper. You will now fold where the dashed lines would be, you can then use glue or you can use double face tape like I did in this video (mine was a bit thick so I had to cut it into half, you can buy a narrower one). Repeat the same steps for the lining and add it to the inside of the card. Voila you’re done!

How to Make a Lined Envelope




Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts