Best for Spring Nail Polish Review

Best for Spring
There is no doubt that this has been one cold winter, and although it isn’t “officially” spring yet, I am embracing the warmth. Season’s transition brings me joy, since I get bored so easily of wearing the same patterns and colors, my nails are no exception. Even though I have been wearing mostly nudes this season, there is no doubt that the deep reds and plums aren’t going to detach themselves from being fall and winter shades when it comes to nails. Don’t get me wrong I am not at all that fussy when it comes to my nails, if I want to rock a metallic blue I will do it year round day and night and wouldn’t strict myself to season or occasion for that matter.
And although most girls when asked will tell you that bright colors are more spring appropriate, this season the trends we’ve seen so far is far from color, on the other hand we’ve seen more neutrals, glitters and metallic, we also saw the two toned nails, and funky graphic art nails all across. And even though I would like to hop on some of these trends and try them, especially those metallic nails and some of the funky looking art, I am still all about the traditional spring-y colors. In this post I will be rounding up the best spring/summer shades available this season, and you know what that means? A lot of polish. This is why I decided instead of going into details about each polish I will categorize them into color families and then mention all my favorites in each of them, as you will see there will be some dominance of my favorite brands here, all for good reason, they’re pretty good.
Nude Nail Polish Options for Spring


1.The nudes:
Technically nudes aren’t just for spring, but I find the lightness of these colors to be flexible to the point that they can be a year round option for when you’re not really feeling color on your nails, don’t want to fuss with a French manicure, yet don’t want to leave your nails bare. As you can see my collection of favorite nude shades is the most extensive of all the categories, and some of them are pretty similar. I have found that Essie and Runway make the best nude shades out there, and there is also the little Hi-Fi bottle from Ciao, I find that this pink-almost-white shade is stunning and the formula is pretty good considering how cheap this polish is. You can see I also have one bottle of Yolo that made it to the favorites list, even though I find their formula very inconsistent, I love this plush pink shade.  Runway has a very nice selection that suites most of skin tones And their formula is just on point.
Runway and Essie have the best formula

Essie also has a very wide selection of shades, although I find the lighter colored ones like “Angel Food” to be some of the best, I used to love “Fiji” before they changed the tone of it a little and I had a hard time finding a replacement for it. The past few weeks I have been obsessed with Runway’s “Child at Heart”. Its hands down my favorite.

The Reds

2.The reds:
When it comes to nail polish of course Reds are a classic, and I find that OPI’s Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It is that classic firey Red with a twist. If you’re not feeling straight forward red, I find that a slightly cherry toned red like Essie’s “Size Matters” to be a nice toned-down alternative, and exact dupe for it is Runway’s “Femme Fatal” which is absolutely one of my favorite nail polish colors of all time.
Orange and Yellow

3.The oranges/Yellows:
Some people can make this color work, I honestly am not one of them. I love these shades so much to me they are a prefect expression of color, especially the lighter shades like this andreia yellow in B2, but it is definitely not for everyone, you have to be a specific shade to wear colors like this and make them work. So why do I buy them? They are perfect accent colors, especially if you’re using pastel shades on your nails and then want to add a pop of color to your ring or pointer finger, you can use one of these shades and it will give you that break you’re looking for. The only one I can actually get away with wearing on all nails is that Luna one, for the longest time Luna and Amanda have been dominating the game with nail polish color selection and these little bottles still own some of the game.
Lilac Shades

4.Lilac:
Some people would consider these shades to be more nude, I just think they deserve a category on their own, I do love colors like this, my favorite is Essie, to be honest Essie makes every color you can imagine under the sun, I love this “Warm and Toasty Turtleneck” shade which is pretty dark in comparison to the Ciao color, which despite being on the cheaper side is a really good quality polish with a very big color selection.
French Manicure Runway

5.French:
Again, a classic. There is nothing really more to say about French manicure except, it works. No matter the occasion, the time, the season, when in doubt just go for a French mani. I have practiced painting my own tips over the year and can get a decent job done with no guides or extra tool except for a q-tip maybe. You can always use a bit of tape or buy guides from any “Akher AlA’noud” shop. I used to use an Amanda set before I discovered Runway, can you tell that I love Runway yet?
Colors




6.Colors:
Blue and green nails have been around for a few years, they started out as a trend a few years back when everything seemed to be bright and neony and electric blue, remember these times? Yeah thaty never really went away.
Runway

 I don’t normally wear a full hand of bright blue or green, or even fuchsia, but I appreciate how they look, and I use them all the time as accent colors or to do nail art.

Floral Spring Nail Art Runway

I recently discovered a few YouTube tutorials on how to achieve this floral look, and I have been playing around with it since. Now this is a category where Runway dominates my favorites again especially the baby blue “Forget me not” and the leafy green “Kiwi Kiss”. And as you can see I am still hung on the mint green trend, Amanda 322 is my favorite of all time mint green that I have had for years and consider a staple in my collection.



Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts