Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle


Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle



People who know me will tell you that one of the things I love the most in life is Coca-Cola. Before you launch a campaign against me, please understand that I am not at all trying to promote the drink, I know and understand how unhealthy it is. But I am a firm believer in moderation, too much of anything is dangerous, even broccoli.

Anyway, this post isn’t about my belief at all and definitely not about broccoli. Over the course of the past month or so, I have accumulated a number of Coca-Cola bottles, this is by far my favorite packaging of the drink. Apart from the fact that it makes me nostalgic and reminds me of the good old days of glass bottles, I think it is also the more hygienic and environment friendly choice over plastic bottles or even tin cans.
Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle

And because these bottles are so beautiful, I decided to up-cycle them. I wanted to paint them with chalkboard paint and just use them for flowers or as home décor. But I found yet a better and more efficient way (also easier and cheaper) to get the bottles to look that good. That option being spray paint.
Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle

I found these colors - matte black, pink and white- in my local construction supplies shop, other colors are available too.

Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle

Here is how to easily achieve that look for the bottles, you can also apply the same technique on anything else, like jars or cans or random bottles and plates, just make sure not to use any of them for food or drinks after using spray paint on them, unless the paint is designed specifically as food-safe:

1. Spread something to protect the surface you are working on, I use newspaper.
Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle

2. Put the bottle into a box, it will help catch any mist from staining your table.
3. Spray an even amount to form a thick layer that will make sure no glass is peaking through the color.
4. Let dry for a few hours or as much as your spray bottle indicates.
Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle


Always make sure you’re working in a well ventilated area and wear gloves. While spraying, make sure you only hold the bottle from the very tip so that you don’t end up with uneven batches of spray.


You can some extra touches to these bottles using markers, glass paint or even chalk.
Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle
Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle

Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle
Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle



Enjoy!

Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle

Coca-Cola Bottle Up-cycle

Comments

MazAdnan said…
This is beautiful. Thumbs up!

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts