Oats Breakfast with a twist

Oatmeal with Jam and Red Orange Juice
Oats and oatmeal are one of the best breakfast options out there. It's packed with nutrition and absolutely filling at least until lunch time.
Like most people I used to add milk to my oats on the stove and just eat it like that, until I discovered that the option exits of adding something on top (I know I live in a cave) and since then I have been converted. Now I believe that anything is possible with oats and for a while I've been adding fruits and pomegranate and honey to it for flavor, at one point I was into bananas, nuts and peanut butter. Until recently when I discovered that less is probably more (and also due to the lack of anything interesting to top it up with in my fridge).
One morning when I wasn't really feeling honey to sweeten my oats I resorted to Jam, yes just jam, no other fruit or spread, just jam. Some people may find it weird to add just jam to oats but since I tried it once, I can't get enough. It's so simple that it's actually genius. You don't really need a recipe here, all I do is add a cup of milk -I refuse pretend it's dairy free or that I eat "healthy"- to oats in a bowl into the microwave for 2 minutes, take it out and top up the milk if I need to then add two teaspoons of raspberry, cherry, strawberry or orange jam and just devour. I didn't really try any other type of jam but of course the sky is the limit.
Leave me a comment if you tried it and let me know what you think.

Bonappetit!

Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts