Amanda Milano Matt studio Nail polish 5 days wear test



You know how much I just love Amanda Make up and nail polish, recently the brand upped their game with the Matt Studio Range, they really jumped on the matt hyped bandwagon with a complete collection that includes lip products, eye products and even nail polish. I’ve tried matt nail polish from a couple of other brands, but to be honest none of them has the color selection available in Amanda, so when I saw this nude colored bottle I was instantly drawn to it and decided to try it out.
I put the nail polish to the test, wearing for 5 days straight to see how it will perform. I took pictures of the polish every day to show how it did.


Day 1:
I took this picture right after applying it, I applied two even coats of polish allowing 30 seconds drying time in between. Matt nail polish is so easy to know when it has dried because when you apply it, it doesn’t look matt, it starts looking matt when it starts drying. So it was easy for me to decide to go in with a second coat.
I love this color, it’s the perfect color when you don’t really feel like wearing polish but at the same time want something on your nails. Overall I am happy with the application and drying time.



Day 2:
I normally don’t start to see chipping on my nails when I freshly apply nail polish except after a couple of days of wear, but this one chipped off of my right hand pointer finger nail so quickly. That day I was working from home and didn’t really do much except the usual wash my hands and shower, but it still came off the edges a little bit, it wasn’t annoying me, and my left hand was completely perfect as if it was freshly applied. So I would say be extra careful while using your dominant hand.

Day 3:
On day 3 I didn’t notice any more chipping on my pointer nail, and no other nails chipped off, I could have topped it up or removed the polish off of that one nail, but I decided to see how it will hold up for the rest of the 5 days test.

Day 4:
By the fourth day, more nails joined in on the chipping on my right hand, my left hand was almost perfect, but my right hand was a mess, now two or three nails had chipped from the edges and it was clearly time to re-do them. By day 4 I had decided that I wouldn’t wear this nail polish more than 3 days.


Day 5 (The Verdict):
I shouldn’t have gone out with my nails looking like this, it looked like I’ve been biting on my nails or something. The other thing I noticed, which happens with most of the matt polishes I tried was that by the 4th day it wasn’t that matt anymore. But this is normal because our nails produce their oils and they blend with the polish so it becomes shinier.
The Verdict: 3 days are enough for this polish, but for the color selection and ease of application I would happily use and re-apply every 3 days.

Happy Holidays!


Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts