Step by Step Makeup Tutorial

Step by Step makeup tutorial:
There is nothing more I love than to be able to get my makeup done quickly but still leave an impact, I believe that a shortcut to getting a glamourous look with simple make up has to be a red lip. My favorite combo is bronze eyeshadow and a red lip. I resort to this look every time I want to look presentable but without having to go all ham on my face. So here is how I get this look, I included everything even the basics:
1.       Moisture: I use the Body shop moisturizer, it isn’t only light weight and efficient its also very conveniently priced and infused with Vitamin E. I apply a thin layer all over my face and neck and focus more on areas where I tend to get dry batches on my face.
2.       Prime:
3.       Glow: I find that whenever I don’t do this step, my face doesn’t get the natural glowing look. The Garnier Light & Radiant cream is meant to lighten skin color and even its tone, and is supposed to be used morning and night, it also includes SPF, but I only apply a thin layer down the bridge of my nose, on top of my cheek bones and on my cupid’s bow.
4.       Foundation: Ever since I discovered H&M’s beauty range I’ve been converted to their liquid flawless finish foundation. It is so light you can barely even feel it, yet it gives me the coverage I need. It’s a perfect everyday foundation, its light enough, but not see through, and it blends magically. I use it with a beauty sponge, and sometimes a beauty blender if I’m feeling fancy.
5.       Brows: also H&M! they used to sell brow palettes when the beauty range first came out, but now they have this double ended pencil. On one side there is the wax, which can be a bit harsh, but if you apply it then go over it with the spooly on the other side it blends into your brow hairs beautifully. I stopped using any other brow product.
6.       Eyes: I have a thing for stick eyeshadows, I just find them easier, they remain creamy and don’t dry out like pots, they can also be easily controlled. The Body Shop makes a range of beautiful shades in their Eye Color stick, my personal favorite is Cyprus Bronze, it has a fair amount of shimmer, but paired with Jordana’s 01 Natural Taupe as a crease shade, it tones it down and makes it even prettier. A wing eyeliner adds a bit of drama and ties in with the red lip and for that I use H&M’s precision eye marker, which is felt tip, easy to use and lasts as long as your day.
7.       Highlight: I’ve spoken about this highlighter in my 6 underrated Egyptian beauty products blog post, and I still love it, its Sara Powder. Sara is Luna’s sister company, they have this being marketed as a finishing powder, but its so beautifully glowing, it’s the perfect highlighter, it doesn’t have chunks of glitter like other highlighters I tried, but it still reflects the light beautifully.
8.       Blush: this one is a recent release, its Amanda’s Matt Studio stick blush, it’s a stick but it dries to a powder on the skin, on the other side of the stick you get a sponge, but I normally use a powder, mine is in shade 04, and although it is a bit cool toned, I can get away with it because the blush isn’t awfully pigmented.  
9.       Bronze: H&M -I found- makes the best selection of bronzing powder shades, it also has a perfect amount of pigmentation, it warms up the skin without leaving it too orange or too brown for that matter. I apply just a small amount to places where the sun would normally hit my face.
10.   Lips: Tip for that red lip. Now of course you can go with whatever red lip you want, I chose a but of a deeper matt lip, this one is Maybelline’s Mat6. And although it is matt, it is still very comfortable to wear. The trick with red lips is to add a little bit of concealer around it to even the lines. I also used a lipliner by wet n’ wild in berry red to make it even more precise.

11.   Powder: Hands down my favorite powder of all time is Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, not only does it eliminate shine perfectly, it is also very finely milled and lightweight, all while smelling very attractive.

Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts