Two days at Dayra Camp Sokhna

If you want to spend a few days away from the city, and dip yourself in the sea before having a bite to eat and enjoy your tea among a circle of friends by a firepit, then Dayra Camp is your spot to be. Dayra is one of two branches with the same name, one hosted at Mountain View Sokhna, the other one in Sinai. Although minimalist enough to be titled a "Camp", Dayra is nicer and much more comfortable than most camps that I've been to.

Where is Dayra Camp? and how do you get there?
I went to stay at Dayra Camp Sokhna for two nights during Ramadan. The Camp is hosted inside Mountain View Sokhna, and as of the date of writing this post, the best route to take to arrive from Cairo, is to take the Sokhna road and merge onto Galala road until you have reached the coast where you will find the entrance to the camp. Once you arrive, you are greeted with security who will lead you to a parking spot and from there a golf cart can carry you to the camp.
The cabins
Immediately as you walk into the reception, you will get a sense of what this place will offer you from the wood heavy decor and all the plants that surround you while you sip on your refreshing welcome drink. The camp consists of 3 levels, the higher one where you enter from recieption includes the firepit circles and cabins all around it, then the second level below that includes some more cabins and the main restaurant, and finally the sea level includes the beach as well as the beach restaurant area.
Now let me tell you a little bit more about the cabins at Dayra, the thing is when you hear the word cabin, you immediately think of a minimally styled hut, but the cabins here are nicer than that. First of all, the cabin was very well built and is isolated enough from the sounds outside. It includes a very nice bed and I don’t say this lightly, it is actually nicer than some 5 stars hotels. The Cabin is spacious and also includes a TV and a waredrobe and a very well finished bathroom. Overall the cabin was my favourite part of this stay but I think if it wasn't Ramadan I would have loved the beach as well.
 The "Dayra"
I stayed at one of the cabins at the top level, where there are two big firepit circles. I am assuming that this is where the camp takes its name from, and rightly so. The circles have places to sit all around and firepits at the middle where the staff offered us a giant tea pot as we spent the time between Iftar and Sohour having conversations and feeling cozy by the fire. Take into consideration that I went there before spring, and it was cold enough to enjoy the fire.
The restaurant and food
As I mentioned I was there during the month of Ramadan, so we were offered two meals. The thing I loved about the food is that it truely catered for everyone in the group, the vegetarian, the pescetarian and the burger lover. The sohour was also traditional and filling. We had all our meals on the second level main restaurant but we did have the option to dine at the beach restaurant as well.
The beach and sea
Speaking of the beach, this is the part that I did not experience fully during my stay since I don't tend to swim during Ramadan, but also due to the fact that I was told that we needed shoes to go into the water, and if there is one thing I love is a sandy beach. I was, however, told by my friends that the water was quiet and the swims eenjoyable.
Conclusion
Dayra Camp has become a returning stop on my travel list now, I will definitely go back there at different times of year to experience the circle at its full potential.

Find them:
https://www.dayracamp.com/sokhna-destination
https://www.facebook.com/dayracampsokhna?mibextid=ZbWKwL
https://instagram.com/dayra.camp.sokhna?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==


@evebyshahi Dayra Camp Sokhna 🏕 It will change your idea of a camp - I love how they also have many activities on their page. It's also pet friendly, which is just ❤️ A full review is up on the blog: https://shahinazhussein.blogspot.com #evetravels #dayracamp #sokhna #travel #beach #sea #redsea #egypt @dayracamp ♬ Ibiza

Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts