Unboxing and using Folia stamp set from Samir & Aly

If you, like me, have been introduced to the art of scrapbooking in the first decade of the 2000's , then also like me, you would have struggled to find supplies to help you create unique spreads or pages.
Back in 2009 I actually used to print my own paper and make my own stamps, but I used to follow so many Youtube videos like "Two Peas in a Bucket" and "The Adventures of Glitter Girl" and swoon over supplies that I couldn't get a hold of. And when I finally took the plunge and made an order to be shipped from overseas I did regret it after dealing with customs.
Nowadays craft supplies are not so rare to find especially in Cairo, but the art of stamping still has so much uncovering. It is still almost impossible to find a colorful ink pad or a decent acrylic stamp set. So when I found a rubber stamp set at Samir and Aly I almost instantly grabbed it.
The brand is called Folia Bringmann which is a german brand that I've loved every since I bought their craft paper and washi tape also from Samir & Aly.
The stamp set contains 9 stamps and two ink pads. The stamps are all very little but they are big enough for my A5 Planner.
What really sold me what the bigger stamp of the unicorn, but also how the tiney stamps can work very well on my annual spreads. The ink pads are black and pink, which if you couldn't tell by my instagram account, are my favourite colors.
Today was the first time I tried using the stamp set on my annual spread when planning for next week. I used two of the smaller stamps: the shooting star in pink and the lashes in black.
I did expect some bleeding, since the ink pad is new, but for the shooting star it was a little more than I expected.
But, I cannot complain really, I'm sure the more I use it and the more it dries the less bleeding I will see.
I am yet to test the unicorn stamp but I will have to hold my horses until I start working on my weekly spreads.



Comments

Podcast

Mail Chimp embedded form

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Popular Posts